1. “WHAT DO YOU LEARN IN YOUR MUSIC LESSONS?”
Each student is unique. Our teachers take the time to get to know your child on a personal level in order to create a musical plan for your child that will be in line with your child’s needs and personal goals. We will get to know what your goals are for your child’s music education to create a wholesome experience. We want each student to know that we have their best interests in mind.
2. “IF I WANT TO ENROLL IN PIANO LESSONS, IS IT OK IF I ONLY HAVE A KEYBOARD TO PRACTICE AT HOME?”
Yes! A keyboard is a good start for piano lessons.
3. “CAN I COME TO MY FIRST LESSON EVEN IF I DON’T HAVE YET A VIOLIN OR A GUITAR?”
Yes! We have violins and guitars available at the school to use during your lessons. We also have violins for rent on a month to month basis and are subject to availability. Since we are currently only offering music lessons online, an online vendor for violin rentals is: www.sharmusic.com.
4. “WHAT STYLES OF MUSIC DO YOU TEACH?”
We teach various musical styles: Classical, Jazz, Popular, Rock. We do take care that the foundational elements of playing your instrument are looked after.
5. “ARE YOUR INSTRUCTORS QUALIFIED?”
Yes, our instructors are qualified and have a Bachelors and/or Master Degrees in Music Performance, Music Education, or Music Therapy. Additionally, Our teachers have extensive performing and teaching experience. Click here to read about each teacher in our Faculty Page.
6. “ARE PRIVATE INSTRUMENT LESSONS BILLED BY SEMESTER OR MONTH TO MONTH?”
All students are billed on a “Month to Month” basis. You are not required to sign up for a semester or a year plan as we really want students that enjoy music at SJAM.
7. “DO I HAVE TO PERFORM IN THE RECITALS?”
Participation in our recitals are voluntary. However, we do encourage our students to participate as developing stage presence is a skill. Additionally, our students have a great time performing as well as inviting their family and friends to celebrate their success! During this time of COVID, SJAM has already hosted numerous ZOOM recitals, allowing us to share our music with family and friends near and far!
8. “DO YOU HAVE A SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM WHERE GENERAL SCHOOL INFORMATION IS POSTED?”
Yes! We have a Facebook and Instagram page where we post announcements and important information. Please “like” and check these pages regularly if you are looking for SJAM information. #sanjoseacademyofmusic